Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may be a stupid question but...

Bought an iBook last friday, a video adapter and a video cable. To display on TV what's on my iBook screen, do I Simply need to connect one to the othert and put the TV in video mode?

·
Registered
246 Posts
First, congratulations on your iBook purchase. I love my iBooks.

Second, yes, it's as easy as that. You can connect to your tv using RCA (just the yellow video one) or S-Video. Note that the sound still comes from your iBook.

Cheers.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

As for sound (quite useful to play movies!), do a 3.5 mm stereo plug (iBook end) to 2 RCA plug (TV end) adapter should do the work?

Love my iBook too. Just hope I don't get the battery problem I've hear about. It was hard to convince my girlfriend to get a Mac for the two of us...

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Ingenu - Yep, that'll work just fine
So nice and painless
Its great when technology works that way

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Until I bought my DVD player, this is how we ran movies at our home. Hooked up the iBook to the front AV jacks on our 27" TV and watched movies. I did this because I didn't want my kids rifling through my growing DVD collection like they do with my old VHS stuff.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i do the same as iLabmAn did. i just plug my apple AV jack into my vcr, hit input and voila! i watch dvds and since i don't have a new stereo, i listen to music thru my tv too, complete with wild itunes visuals. :D

trippy.

Phil

·
Registered
235 Posts
I use one of those ATI TV connectors...Cable in...USB out

XCLAIM™ TV USB EDITION
Product Info

Works like a dream

1 - 7 of 7 Posts