Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hope this is the right place for this query. I'd just like to know how to connect my Xbox 360 to my MBPro. I would use the MBPro's screen for gaming (it's fine, space is an issue in my place).

Would it be through a USB TV tuner, or maybe some sort of RF/COAX thing? I've never found a conclusive answer as to how to do this. Has anyone out there ever successfully done this?

Thanks, A

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
the more important question that needs to be asked is "why"?

with the money you will spend getting this up and running, assuming its even a possibility, you could probably buy a cheap little 19" TV or computer monitor and gain yourself an extra few inches of screen

there is no way you live somewhere so small that you couldn't have a 19" TV

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses!

I've checked out elgato, just need to ascertain which would do the trick, if it will work and if I decide I want to go that way.

And true, I could probably just go get a monitor and clutter up my desk. I was just hoping for an all-in-one solution. I'm not really bothered about screen size. We use the MBPro (15") for watching movies too. It's fine by us.

If anyone else knows a direct way (with the exact parts required) to do this, please post!

Thanks, A

·
Registered
13 Posts
Egalto

Is the way to go. It is an all-in-one solution. It also has a game mode setting that will allow you to get great response times on any mac with USB. Bonus, will allow you to watch TV, vids, whatever and record them (one of the last bastions of simple recording and time shifting or protection by-pass).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts