Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I debated posting this,

So my mother is on a small business flight to Ottawa last weekend and there is an architect on board who works for Apple and they get talking (she knows nothing about Apple other than my enthusiasm for the Mac platform). Apparently this guy designed the Soho and a Chicago store (and a couple others) as well as did a little work on Steve Jobs' house.

[Now I've never mentioned anything about the existence of the Soho store around her so I know SHE isn't lying. Not me own mudder]

She then asks why there is no Toronto store and does she have to drive to Buffalo or order something online (like she actually does either of those two, whatever). He tells her that he is working on both a planned Toronto location and a London, England location at the moment. Why he would tell this to her baffles me (small talk I guess).

So this could be complete BS. I know it belongs in the "I've got a friend of a friend who washes windows in Curpentino, and...." category but I thought it was worth sharing.

If anyone could trace the name of the designer and find an image of him, it could be verified whether or not he was the real deal.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
It would certainly help during this SARS business...you know Mac tourism jumps with each new store-opening.
:D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
MW, sadly, a store in London, England would actually be closer to St.John's than one in TO. C'est la vie.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Reports of the apple store going into the new super mall at Hwy 400 and Major Mac have never been confirmed or denied... as far as I have heard...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts