ehMac banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,336 Posts
I think the M1 is a great innovation and certainly something that will make a difference to developers and ultimately the capability of units equipped with it. I noted thaat the M2 is supposed to result in smaller Mac Pros!!! I loved them because they are large and capable of accepting multiple connections

·
Premium Member
15,407 Posts
To be fair, I don't know that it's their fault. ehMac isn't what it was. There's next to no actual Mac discussions anymore and that's 100% on us. So why would the owners show interest?

When's the last time there was a big thread for WWDC, or any of the special events? What would actually drive new users to participate? It's not a Mac community at all. The only way you'd know it's supposed to be a Mac community is the banner graphic. It's a community of people who had at some point shown interest in Macs, lament days of yore and discuss anything but.

Would it help if there were some successor to ehMax at the help? Possibly, but we bear most of the blame for what's come to pass.

Do you think we could keep this thread on topic and maybe provide some feedback to the admins that relates to the topic — Community Feedback: New Forum Software

Maybe we can then get this site working as we would like to see it.

I assume this is the page to submit one's request or suggestionsa???

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
15,407 Posts
@VSADMIN
And speaking of requests and suggestions, can we please get rid of the "Recommended Reading" at the bottom of many pages and their stupid inclusion of VERY old posts!!!
Or do I have to make a custom web page view which I do not know how to do!!!

I assume this is the page to make one's request known.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
42,336 Posts
Hey Help Desk: feedback should go both ways!

·
Premium Member
15,407 Posts
Hey Help Desk: feedback should go both ways!
+1!!! Is there anyone still in the office???

I haven't seen any recent comments or changes made from any of the recommendations or suggestions since the changeover.

- Patrick
=======

·
Used to be Tilt
234 Posts
There's a new popup today asking me to enable push notifications.

The options are "Enable", "Not now" and "Never"with "Enable being pre-selected.

The issue is, the pther two options do nothing when clicked, do not even make the popup disappear. I am on Firefox with a lot of privacy/security extensions if it helps. Have not tried it in Safari yet.

·
Premium Member
15,407 Posts
The issue is, the pther two options do nothing when clicked, do not even make the popup disappear.
What do you have showing in your System Preferences -> Notifications -> Firefox??

If Firefox is listed, there should be an option to show nothing, unless Apple has removed that feature as well in the macOS version you are using.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
15,407 Posts
What's with all the...
Or the post:
Apple Updates iMac Family with Stunning New Retina Displays
Jump to Latest
Follow
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
ehMax
·
Premium Member
Joined Feb 17, 2000 · 10,283 Posts
Discussion Starter • #1 • 8 d ago

Apple has updated the entire iMac family,
The dates are all screwed up all over the place.

Just like the "Recommended Reading" suggestions that show up everywhere most of which are dated from 12 or more years ago.

At the rate things are getting fixed or improved with the update on this site lately I would suspect it's going to take a few years before it gets rectified. You've got mail
Rather a shame considering how the old ehMac Mayor ran things.

- Patrick
=======

·
Used to be Tilt
234 Posts
What do you have showing in your System Preferences -> Notifications -> Firefox??

If Firefox is listed, there should be an option to show nothing, unless Apple has removed that feature as well in the macOS version you are using.

- Patrick
=======
Notifications is "Off".

H
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 11.38.57 AM.png
owever, this is not a macOS notification I see - this is inside the browser window on any EhMac thread. I shall try to attach a screenshot.

·
Premium Member
15,407 Posts
owever, this is not a macOS notification I see - this is inside the browser window on any EhMac thread. I shall try to attach a screenshot.
Regardless of where it is or what is controlling it, from the options it is showing it doesn't look like it is even working very well.

Do you have an extension in your browser that can control your notifications???

- Patrick
=======

·
Used to be Tilt
234 Posts
Regardless of where it is or what is controlling it, from the options it is showing it doesn't look like it is even working very well.

Do you have an extension in your browser that can control your notifications???

- Patrick
=======
Correct, it is not working at all because the pre-selected "Enable" is the only clickable thing there.

Edited to update: Sorry, ven the "Enable" is not clickable.

And no, I do not have any extensions for notifications. I do have one that disables Javascript on selected websites, and I tried it with both settings - makes no difference.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
The new interface is AWESOME!!!!!!

It completely solved the spammer problem. Now we have automated self-spamming that puts those external spammers to shame. It doesn't get any better than this, folks!

·
Premium Member
42,336 Posts
The new interface is AWESOME!!!!!!

It completely solved the spammer problem. Now we have automated self-spamming that puts those external spammers to shame. It doesn't get any better than this, folks!
What's even better is the way that the new site automatically amplifies the SPAM posts as recommended reading!

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Yes, it does get even better! I'll have the spam on self-automated spam, PLEASE.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts