Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you people feel about the commercials that are breaking into posts? They last for about 15 seconds and break in anywhere to tell you all about Ford etc. When it happens to me, unless I am really interested, I just move on.
:mad:

·
Premium Member
8,903 Posts
How do you people feel about the commercials that are breaking into posts? They last for about 15 seconds and break in anywhere to tell you all about Ford etc. When it happens to me, unless I am really interested, I just move on.
:mad:
I'm not seeing that.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,492 Posts
How do they break in? As videos inserted between posts, or just a screen on top of the posts?

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
uBlockOrig on FireFox takes care of them nicely if I am not logged in. Otherwise just logging in should banish them.

·
Premium Member
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll see if I can find one. I can be watching a post on facebook when a there is warning that a commercial is coming. The commercial then starts while the seconds count down. It is usually about fifteen seconds which shows as a countdown then the subject starts again. The ad is not fitted in carefully. The subject just stops then starts again after the commercial as if nothing had happened.

·
Premium Member
42,492 Posts
I'll see if I can find one. I can be watching a post on facebook when a there is warning that a commercial is coming. The commercial then starts while the seconds count down. It is usually about fifteen seconds which shows as a countdown then the subject starts again. The ad is not fitted in carefully. The subject just stops then starts again after the commercial as if nothing had happened.
Sounds more like unwanted adware than a paid ad on EhMac.

·
Premium Member
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No No. I didn't say EhMac. I am talking about Facebook. EhMac is fine. Sorry if there was confusion. It doesn't seem to be malware but a deliberate intrusion. FORD is one of the advertisers that appears.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
From my experience Facebook fiddles around with their platform every single day and often make matters worse than they ever were. If they would just quit pissin' with it and leave it alone, one could learn how to navigate it, but NOOOO they have to play and screw it up even more than it was the day before. That noted, I am not having any issues as you describe then. You may want to go into yer personal setting like I did year back and simply turn off everything in sight.

·
Premium Member
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found one and tried to send it to emac but I'm not too swift at this. It was sent to emac but God knows whereabouts. I do notice that some of the instances are Unilad but I wish someone else could see them too so I don't think I'm cracking up.

·
Premium Member
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi. The main reason I'm doing this is to keep the thread moving. I can't believe no one else is aware of this. It isn't that I don't have spam control as whatever I am watching warns that a commercial is coming then the ad comes on with a 15 second countdown.

·
Premium Member
42,492 Posts
Hi. The main reason I'm doing this is to keep the thread moving. I can't believe no one else is aware of this. It isn't that I don't have spam control as whatever I am watching warns that a commercial is coming then the ad comes on with a 15 second countdown.
We may just not be getting them. There are intrusions on YouTube for people who don't have adblockers, but I don't see them on my computer.

Maybe this is what you are seeing:

https://www.facebook.com/business/ads/video-ad-format

·
Premium Member
15,673 Posts

What browser are you normally using and what spam/ad blocker are you using???

Maybe you could send along a Sample URL when you come across one and we could see what we end up with.

- Patrick
======

·
Premium Member
15,673 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No luck. I am just going to let it go. If anyone gets this problem, you know where the thread is.
Cheers

1 - 20 of 34 Posts