Premium Member
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is everyone's favorite Comic
a) printed
b) Web
c) One you read all the time?

I'll start as I'm making the thread

a) FoxTrot as my favorite. However I never skip reading Hi and Lois, Dilbert, [email protected] and B.C
b) Web, just MacHall (MacHall.com).
c) Ones I read all the time? I read MacHall, AppleGeeks(AppleGeeks.com which I believe just started) and FoxTrot.

·
Registered
154 Posts
hmmm, fav comics eh?

Well that would have to be

A.) Foxtrot, and Dilbert (Got a 365 day a year dilbert in my locker :D )
B.)hmmm, never really had a specific web comic, ill have to look into that
C.)I NEVER miss a DIlbert or Foxtrot

:D , nothing like a dilbert to start your day at school :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
all time fave: Get Fuzzy! the funniest.

Phil

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nowadays I don't even bother with print comics, as pretty well all the ones I like are on the web...

Joy of Tech (Created by Canadians, often Mac-oriented, & uploaded every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday)

I own 3 cats, so I enjoy Get Fuzzy and Rose is Rose.

The techie in me likes Dilbert and some of Foxtrot (but I hate all the pop-ups on the Foxtrot site on Ucomics.) BTW, Bill Amend, Foxtrot's creator is a big Mac fan and dislikes Micro$oft, and even has his own .Mac homepage:
http://homepage.mac.com/billamend/

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
Dilbert, Calvin and Hobbes, Doonsbury, and for those of you who are "boomers" Ziggy and Peanuts.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capucine:

The techie in me likes Dilbert and some of Foxtrot (but I hate all the pop-ups on the Foxtrot site on Ucomics.)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turn on pop-up blocking. I never even knew the FoxTrot site has pop-ups.

I read Dilbert and FoxTrot every day. I miss Calvin and Hobbes and Peanuts. Peanuts will always be my favourite.

·
Premium Member
18,006 Posts
There has never been, nor will again, as fabulous a comic strip as Bloom County (Hey James_Squared!)

The political junkie in me lives on a daily Doonesbury fix.

Sept. 11/01 brought his incredible strip to my attention, after it was banned from several U.S. newspapers for daring to suggest that the U.S. had a hand in "creating" Osama Bin Laden: Boondocks (Aaron Gruder, the creator, spends much of his time commenting on American black culture, but when he swings into political commentary, he is wicked.)

My local newspapers each have very good editorial cartoonists, the Halifax Herald has Bruce MacKinnon while the Halifax Daily News has Michael DeAdder.

And then there's the gamut of favourites... Dilbert, Calvin 'n' Hobbes, Non Sequitor, FoxTrot, and the techie ones that are usually listed under http://www.macsurfer.com ; U-NOX, Joy of Tech, PC Weenies, etc.

:D
M.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elmer:
For laughs, "The Far Side"
For fun, "Calvin & Hobbes", "Peanuts"
For inspiration, "Dilbert"

;)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello,

Oh, yes. How could I forget about The Far Side?

James

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
I miss Bloom County too. Another great oldy I've been following on the web is L'il Abner from the 50's.
Current favourites are Shermans Lagoon, Doonsbury, Foxtrot, Dilbert.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
a) Garfield or Calvin & Hobbes were my favourites. I don't read printed newspapers anymore though.
b) I like Penny Arcade .
c) I don't ready any consistently. I'm currently hooked on an on-line flash animation called Strong Bad. He's great. :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
#...Trogdor was a DRAGON!...#

a) I confess...Shonen Jump USA!
I can't find the latest issue anywhere....just when Kaiba's finally introduced, too! :( ...erm.... *cough*
b) Penny Arcade is great, but Tea Club is an acquaintance's online comic (now a printed comic, too!), so I have to plug it here. ^_~
c) Does Strong Bad's Email count? No? Then, Shonen Jump. *sigh*

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
CC, you raise an interesting point, somewhat outside the scope of this thread. How many persons do not read newspapers anymore? Read them moreso than 10 years ago? Or read them less than 10 years ago? Personally, I read financial news and fast-breaking news online. However, I still like to sit down with a doxie on my lap and read the morning's Globe and Mail, or the evening Telegram (the St.John's paper).

·
Registered
223 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CubaMark:
Sept. 11/01 brought his incredible strip to my attention, after it was banned from several U.S. newspapers for daring to suggest that the U.S. had a hand in "creating" Osama Bin Laden: Boondocks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the only comic I read daily (primarly due to the fact that it sits at the top of www.okayplayer.com)

It's a lot Dunesbury in that it isn't always funny, but the social commentary is on point.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.