Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been searching for a Mother's Day gift to no avail. I suck at these things. I'm thinking of taking my Mom to see a play or something downtown. Anyone seen anything good latelY? I hear the Second City troupe you can never go wrong with.

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
You need to know your mom's tastes pretty well, but yes a play (some live theatre etc) is an excellent idea!

Improv comedy can often get rude/crude (though I have never seen the Second City troupe in Canada, so I have no idea if they "go there" in their shows), but in most big cities there are plays for almost every taste, from traditional entertainment (musicals, standards) to experimental or just unknown (at present).

·
Resident Hijacker
8,758 Posts
See, if it's Toronto, I have some suggestions.... Jersey Boys was a lot of fun, as was We Will Rock You. Dirty Dancing was not that great, but it's not bad--I'm glad I saw it but mostly because now I won't wonder if it lives up to the movie or not.

There's some good stuff playing at Soulpepper right now, which has the added benefit of giving you a reason to explore the Distillery District, plus Soulpepper plays are cheaper than your typical big Mirvish production.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See, if it's Toronto, I have some suggestions.... Jersey Boys was a lot of fun, as was We Will Rock You. Dirty Dancing was not that great, but it's not bad--I'm glad I saw it but mostly because now I won't wonder if it lives up to the movie or not.

There's some good stuff playing at Soulpepper right now, which has the added benefit of giving you a reason to explore the Distillery District, plus Soulpepper plays are cheaper than your typical big Mirvish production.
Yes, sorry... I am in Toronto. I saw Jersey Boys... twice! I LOVED it. Still have yet to check out We Will Rock You. I hear good things about Soul Pepper as well. What theatres do those productions play in?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts