·
Premium Member
30,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by macdoc:
Now that's a :eek: . The mother of all tech shows rolls over and dies.
Apple is doing okay in the midst of this level of meltdown. IMHO :D
http://rtnews.globetechnology.com/servlet/ArticleNews/tech/RTGAM/%2020 030203/gtcomdex/Technology/techBN/
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, I stopped going to the Toronto COMDEX show years ago. It got really bad when they let in all the public and turned itself into a "Hong Kong Cartel" (no offence) PC thrift-shops hawking their wares. It made the whole thing look like a fea-market.

One of these days I'm going to CES in Vegas. Now THERE is a show.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Thats kind of the impression I got about the Toronto show, so I dont care either
I may be into going to Macworld Boston in july 2004 if Apple goes

·
Premium Member
30,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Umm gentle sirs and ladies this is not Comdex Toronto.
This is or was the largest high tech show in the world - Chicago and Las Vegas every six months and it took a couple of days to cover :eek: Like 200,000 attendees!
We used to fly our light plane into the air field in Chicago right in front of MacCormick Place and spend a few enjoyable days looking at all the acres of HiTech and enjoying Chicago.
Las Vegas grew even larger.
The failure of this show organization is a very strong indicator of the hitech meltdown.
Interesting that CES ( Consumer Electronic Show) is now back in favour showing Apple is right on the money integrating music and video in a good user experience.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
83 Posts
I went to COMDEX in TO back in 2000. O got to go becasue my former boss was associated with Adobe so he said I should come check it out.

Well, I did and wasn't that impressed. There were only three really big diplays from Adobe, Microsoft, and Palm. I thought I was going to be seeing more gadgets and stuff but it was all boring IT and security stuff, which I found very boring. I left after an hour.

I whish they would bring a show like CES Las Vegas here, that would be very cool. Gadgets everywhere

1 - 5 of 5 Posts