Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about adding one to mine - simply cause I can. I actually neede to burn some data files on this past week while in Vegas and I wished that I had one with me. Makes complete sense. This MCE Tech Combo Drive is what I'm looking @. The best CDN quote I've been offered so far is $579 + Tax. Worth it? Anyone out here have one they want to offer comments on? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true... have not found any listings though. I usualyl scour that site but nothing yet. Thanks

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I personally wouldn't blow $500.00 + on a Combo drive, but I don't exactly see your needs, so you may really need it, and I just don't see it. ;)

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lars, I see where you're coming from. But like many things, I think that we pay for the option/convenience of having it. I work in 2 industries: apparel and entertainment (read music). I oft find myself wishing that I could burn off my unit for reasons x, y and z. Just like I used to think that a DVD-R was a waste of dough on a portable - but the day will likely come where someone will wish they had it. Esp since I am looking to completely replace the desktop. No need for an ext. burner that I cannot carry - and even if I could take it with me, why not replace it with something internal?? Yeah, the price is a little steep, but I do need it. I feel that the lap will likely retain a bit of value as well. No??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.