Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a quality colour printer. Any advice, recommendations, or stay-away advisories would be welcome. My list of potential buys is as follows:

- Canon i850
- EPSON C82
- HP Business Inkjet 1100D

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Epson 900....awesome printer for pics and print....also prints to cd's and dvd's

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you are doing really high quality prints (i.e selling photo or advertising) the Epson 2200 is a wicked printer. It runs from about 970.00 and I've seen places selling them up to 1000.00. But he quality of print. Oh my God!!!! It also prints on Canvas

·
Registered
273 Posts
I personally own the EPSON 1280 photo ink jet printer. I LOVE the quality of prints, especially when I do photos. :D
If you want to print photos and keep them for years than I recomend the EPSON 2200. We have one at work and the quality is the same or better than the EPSON 1280 but, with the 2200 you have archival ink and paper. What this means is that in 4 or 5 years your prints will look the same as they do today. Nothing worse than giving your friends and family prints of photos and then the colour starts to fade after only a couple of years. I've experienced this first hand because I've been printing photos from my computer since 1997, and until the EPSON 2200 came out there was no solution to the colour fade problem. I hope you have lots of money because the ink costs mucho dinero, but It's worth it. ;)
--------------------------------------------------
"Welcome to the real world." - Morpheus in The Matrix

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Considering the whole picture, it's hard to recommend anything other than Canon or Epson. Both companies provide printers that are consistent model-to-model with regard to print quality and neither HP nor Lexmark (ugh!) have released properly integrated OSX drivers/helper SW.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I would actually wait a couple weeks more and get the new Canon i860. It is the same resolution and such, but has a slightly updated look and offers the new PictBridge technology which will allow it to connect direct to any PictBridge enabled camera (which in a few months will be more than just Canon).

If you are after photo and nothing else, save up and get the i960. It is almost twice the price but the prints are nothing short of amazing. If you want to spend a whole lot and get wide carriage printing, the i9100 edges out the Epson Stylus Photo 2200 IMNSHO in terms of photo quality, as well as speed.

--PB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts