Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
My DSC-H300 camera is randomly taking bad photos that have large portions of them blocked with a solid colour bar. See attached image.
For every 20 photos I take approximately 4 or 5 will have this problem.
Bought in Canada just over a year ago.
Any ideas if this fixable?
Cheers.

Premium Member
For every 20 photos I take approximately 4 or 5 will have this problem.
Have you contacted Sony Canada support or their technical department???

Is there any firmware update for the camera???

Maybe even try contacting a local Sony camera dealer for help or advice???

Would it help to do a Factory Reset???
Factory Reset
PERFORMING A HARD RESET IN SONY CYBER-SHOT DSC-H300

Couldn't hurt to try as it's already broken and not working properly anyway... And isn't that why the reset exists anyway, for when things go Goofy??? 馃槒

- Patrick
=======-

Premium Member
Are you shooting these to the memory card or the internal memory? What you are seeing is typical of file corruption in the picture file that is being stored. If shooting to a card, back the card up to your computer, and reformat it inside the camera and try again. Or try a new memory card. Only conclude that the camera is defective after you have eliminated the card as the source of error.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you contacted Sony Canada support or their technical department???

Is there any firmware update for the camera???

Maybe even try contacting a local Sony camera dealer for help or advice???

Would it help to do a Factory Reset???
Factory Reset
PERFORMING A HARD RESET IN SONY CYBER-SHOT DSC-H300

Couldn't hurt to try as it's already broken and not working properly anyway... And isn't that why the reset exists anyway, for when things go Goofy??? 馃槒

- Patrick
=======-
Thanks Patrick, did a factory reset but it didn't fix the problem. I've also switched the SSD card to see if that would fix it. Did a test roll. Stay tuned.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you shooting these to the memory card or the internal memory? What you are seeing is typical of file corruption in the picture file that is being stored. If shooting to a card, back the card up to your computer, and reformat it inside the camera and try again. Or try a new memory card. Only conclude that the camera is defective after you have eliminated the card as the source of error.
I've reformatted and shot a rest roll. I haven't check the pics yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shooting to a memory card. I put in a different one to see if I get better results. Fingers crossed!

Premium Member
Everything seems hunky-dory after using a different card. Shot 52 photos with no glitches. So far so good.
That sounds like an excellent fixit suggestion from CanadaRAM to fix such a problem.

I never realized that such cards could go so goofy, but it's a very good thing to know.

- Patrick
=======

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sounds like an excellent fixit suggestion from CanadaRAM to fix such a problem.

I never realized that such cards could go so goofy, but it's a very good thing to know.

- Patrick
=======
Thanks to all who helped. It was a bad card soon to be replaced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts