Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have at my school where I teach a PPC eMac, 1.42 gHz, 10.4.9 OS with the latest Quicktime, Security updates, etc. I don't use the classic environment frequently, mostly when kids in the classroom are using the TDSB software like MusicAce; I also have Office 2001 installed, which I use occasionally. Today I went to open 'Word', and the classic environment tried to start up, the dock disappeared, then reappeared, but still no 9.2.2 running. I did Disk Utility/repair, verify, still nothing. These messages came up though:

"Volume Bitmap needs minor repair"
"Invalid Volume free block count"
(It should be 27014363 instead of 27014362)
"The volume MacIntosh Music Room HD needs to be repaired"
"Error: First Aid Failed: Disk Utility stopped verifying the disk because the underlying task reported failure on exit".

WTF?

what's going on, and what do I need to do to fix this?
any help is welcome. My school board IT helpdesk, as far as Macs go, is the 'help-less desk.'

·
Premium Member
17,845 Posts
Since it is a school environment it is quite possible that your user profile does not have Classic enabled. Have an administrator (someone with admin access to the computer) check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.