Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say "yay" for the new icons that have been appearing on ehMac. Nice to see some aquafication here.

Although... it's sad in a way... this is the only site on the net that still has a few eTown icons around, if anyone remembers that little Apple experiment.

-SJ.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I must say Mr. Mayor, this is a very nicely done web site. (I am a graphic artist incase that makes my first statement mean any more)

But I was wondering what happened to the emergency room? What happens if we have a severely injured mac. Surely we can not let it die.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Yeah Mayor, nice new icons.

Nick, maybe the emergency room was offline for minutes during a minor rename. It seems to be there now.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The icons are okay, I guess. I'll be the devil's advocate and offer some small criticism. They don't look as though they're part of the same icon set. The emoticons aren't as sharp (they seem a little faint)... I'll miss the little animations :(

And this :mad: <--- what is this? :D
It doesn't look very mad. It looks like the michelin man's baby trying to scare a fly.

Finally... I WANT TO SEE BRUSHED METAL NEXT
(The ehMac sites still looks good and rules --- I guess these new icons will take getting use to).

Griller

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Funny...I always thought that this :mad: was probably a portrait of StrongBlade on the big white telephone after a particularly spicy meal.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by macnutt:
Funny...I always thought that this :mad: was probably a portrait of StrongBlade on the big white telephone after a particularly spicy meal.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope it's a characature of me after eating at McDonalds... Ick!

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I really preferred the old icons as well. The new ones are a little washed out looking.

So, StrongBlade....you admit to actually eating? I thought your species simply killed their prey and then drank the blood.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I like the new icons, but I do not like these new smiley things. The others were far more expressive and they were much nicer to look at. Besides...the rolling eyes one and the Eek! one were great!!!

Please, Mr. Mayor...go back to the old smilies!! :(

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Doh, EhMax has gotten rid of the big brother "profile" icon.... Methinks he's forgotten he's in a dictatorial position of ultimate power. What's the point of omnipotence if you listen to the users (sounds like a quote from Steve Jobs)?

Me, I liked the idea of a dark side to EhMax. Afterall, who knows what goes on behind the closed doors of Rick the Chemist's mind :D

eWorld icons are so bland and so early nineties....

Aghhh..... the iChat smiley's have disappeared too.... what's the world coming too? I think its time to draw up invasion plans.....

·
Premium Member
30,934 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Works for me, I like em, not bad, the new smilies are a little bland, but they serve their purpose, we need change... (no ref to Kyoto as that is just a can of worms, so plz do not reply to that...)

I like it, and it showz that ehMax is lookin for ideas, and change... hey, "Think Different"

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I like the new smileys.. think they are cute. Not quite as emotional as the previous ones.. but methinks thats a good thing.

Hey, I like change... I'll change them once in awhile just for fun.

:D

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Well, I guess that is that! The new smilies stay. Better get used to them.

Our leader has spoken....all hail the cheif! ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts