Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I think you need to upgrade to Yahoo Mail Plus for POP access. If you can, switch to Gmail, which allows free POP access.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You shouldn't need Yahoo! Plus mail to access POP. I have the basic account and I can access it through my Mail app (I assume you mean the Mail app, not a .Mac account).
Just log in to your account via the web and select options. There, you'll find the POP access tab and instructions (POP settings) on how to set it up.
Good luck.

Noodleboy.
:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You shouldn't need Yahoo! Plus mail to access POP. I have the basic account and I can access it through my Mail app (I assume you mean the Mail app, not a .Mac account).
Just log in to your account via the web and select options. There, you'll find the POP access tab and instructions (POP settings) on how to set it up.
Good luck.

Noodleboy.
:D
Do you happen to have one of the beta accounts? I've checked options, but there is no POP tab or link that I can find.
Hmmm...

Mike

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Well, I loaded the beta version (it works in FireFox) and it still says you need to upgrade to do Mail forwarding or POP.

go Gmail, I say. ;-)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sorry guys,

I didn't realize you were talking about the Yahoo! Mail beta. My mistake. Disregard everything I said.
Do as Macsackbut said - go "Gmail"!

Noodleboy.;)

·
Registered
719 Posts
I tried to hook up my Yahoo account with Mail and it failed miserably.

I use Yahoo Messenger these days to get Mail alerts. Works fine.

What I do dislike though is that every time I hit an email hyperlink it brings up a useless Mail window.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried to hook up my Yahoo account with Mail and it failed miserably.

I use Yahoo Messenger these days to get Mail alerts. Works fine.

What I do dislike though is that every time I hit an email hyperlink it brings up a useless Mail window.
BINGO!
I never used Yahoo messenger, just the Yahoo email.
So. I installed Adium and now check email through my unused Yahoo Messenger account. (I use it for my MSN too)
Excellent!
I agree.... it bringing me to a yahoo logon screen is sorta useless... would be better to take me right to the message. Also, if I get more then one message, I can't see what all the headers are... just the first one. But that's okay.

Thanks a bunch,
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts