Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check out this link and scroll to the bottom where the guy has a desktop snap of his G5 with 14 Gigs of DDR ram...hmmm must have a VERY good job at something!

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=189585

and check out his link for something hilarious...I noticed in that desktop picture above the url in the guys web browser...it kinda intrigued me about the end of the world...so I typed it in to my browser and went to the site...pretty funny flash animation (I think) so check that out to!...I am not really posting...it's my not so evil twin :D

http://members.cox.net/impunity/endofworld.swf

hope you enjoy the second link...cheers..

okay the second link does not work..but it does if you manually type it in to the address bar...

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
that looks fake to me, when you zoom in on the "14 gig" part, compared to the ones with 4 gig, it looks slightly different for some reason, plus no explanation on how its done

[ November 20, 2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: wonderings ]

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
It certainly looks suspect. Did a little Photoshop overlay and look at what we have:

Looks like there's some tomfoolery going on here. ;)

[ November 20, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: mannyp ]

·
Registered
359 Posts
It wouldn't be possible. I don't think there are 14 slots in that machine. Can only make use of 8 gig or ram.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Yes, there are only 8 slots in the 1.8GHz and Dual 2.0GHz G5s. The only way to get 14GB, is to use 2GB RAM modules, and I don't think 2GB RAM modules exist. They're damn expensive if they do exist... the RAM would cost more than the G5 PowerMac.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
imactheknife, that flash animation was hilarious.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks!!...wish I take credit for that animation...too bad the link won't work...oh well..hope others found it funny too!...didn't really look to close at the 14 gig part..did not realize it was not possible for G5's not to hold that much..so now I know! thanks Mark

·
Registered
406 Posts
As someone made comment
Posted on : 11-20-2003 10:06 PM   

quote:
Originally posted by sideus:

Surely you could've taken more time and actually left-align the 1.8 Ghz and the 14 GB texts.
:D :D

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
The RAM ALREADY costs more than the tower for 8 gigs. :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts