Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An automotive forum I am on has a user that is having difficulty getting their iPhone 13 to charge from the USB ports in the vehicle. Previous iPhones would charge correctly.

Does anyone here have an iPhone 13 that they had difficulty charging in their vehicle? If so, were you able to find a solution?

·
Premium Member
16,572 Posts
An automotive forum I am on has a user that is having difficulty getting their iPhone 13 to charge from the USB ports in the vehicle. Previous iPhones would charge correctly.
I don't have or use such a device, but I guess the first thing I would do would be to check that the USB port is actually producing a charging voltage and current as well as any device being used such as the cable.
Maybe start with checking any fuse that might be involved that protects the USB port.

Previously working things have a habit of breaking.

For more suggestions, here's a set of hits that may have a solution:

PS: does the iPhone charge from other USB sources???

- Patrick
=======

·
Administrator
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Patrick

I had already seen those search results, but none really gave any useful information. I just did a quick test on my iPhone SE 3(2022) which has the same charging cable used by the 13, along with many of the other internals. I was able to see the phone charging using one USB port, but not another. So it does sound like a port issue. I have other ports in the vehicle to check tomorrow. And I will try other devices in the port that did not work. Will also check the fuses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts