Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,382 Posts
While not an Apple dealer, when I read that I immediately thought of a bully twisting the arm of a poor kid demanding their lunch money. :rolleyes:

For the record, I proudly wear Stanfields. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well wait to go there Steve Gates!

I for one think that sucks, what a bunch of BS.

Give your friggin' heads a shake.

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
I tend to agree...Apple is making a big mistake trying to
monopolize on their dealers.
You'd think they'd be happy with the success they have.

Oh well...If Apples were guns...
They'd still shoot themselves in the foot.

Dave :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Apple cannot have ENOUGH of a retail presence. This stunt does NOT help. When talking to PC users about switching, they often wonder where the stores are that you can SEE not only Apple hardware but a decent shelf or two of Mac compatible software. Even though I know where to find these, they are way too rare to assuage any concerns The Masses may have and it only makes "our mission" that much more difficult.

Come Apple; LIGHTEN UP! :mad:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Surprised there are no comments about this from "authorized" dealer member carbonmac or "unauthorized" dealer macdoc....

Guys?

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
So far I can't comment. Our Apple rep has not given us this information. It will come I'm sure. This isn't anything new though. We have had goals like this for quite a while.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Apple does stuff like this all the time. The undercut re-sellers at every corner, and then they complain when sales at the re-sellers drop (Hmmm, could it be because YOU ARE SELLING STUFF TO CONSUMERS CHEAPER THAN TO YOUR RE-SELLERS).

Apple is just like M$, they are out to make money and they don't care who they squash on the way (Like opening their own retail stores in areas that already have re-sellers).

Sometimes Apple makes me so mad I want to spit
*Pa-tooey*
*SPLAT*
DAMN, don't spit into the wind.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Sometimes Apple makes me so mad I want to spit
*Pa-tooey*
*SPLAT*
DAMN, don't spit into the wind.
LOL