Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall seeing a post here a while back that listed some pretty famous names who are also Apple users.

Anyone have a list like that or a clean link to a reliable one?

(I have an acquaintance who recently told me that "real people use PC's and only dweebs use Macs". I want to show him just exactly WHO is a Mac fanatic out there....once he gets out of intensive care and the swelling goes down enough for him to read again.
)

·
Registered
227 Posts
probably the most important famous person ever! trent reznor from nine inch nails. his newest dvd was all constucted with dv cameras, final cut pro and macs! they might be giants, butthole surfers, crystal method, just to name a few. and macs are featured in more movies these days, 40 days 40 nights, austin powers golmember, bringing down the house, and last night i took my daughter to spykids 3-d and the computers used in the secret service were g4 towers(windtunnel). and lets not forget all pixar movies are done with apples.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Actually, A lot of Pixar employees use Dells running Linux.
PIxar uses a variety of hardware and software.

--PB

·
Registered
691 Posts
I thought Pixar put in the first order for 2500 G5 Macs?Is that a ton of switchers or what!

I know that the Chemical Brothers and Trent Reznor are users.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Maybe 250?I'll check it out and get back here.

In the online intro to the G5 the rep from Pixar is showing off Renderman which is UNIX only.Does lead to the idea of change doesn't it?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Famous celebrity? What about Stanley Kubrick?

As I recall he always got his hands on the lastest stuff, and would surely have had pcs and Macs. Apple specifically approached him about doing this 2001 ad which he happily approved.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Speaking of Pixar..........the President is listed as none other than .......Steve Jobs. I didn't know that.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I found it interesting that on that list was Dell. What's going on there?

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
If I recall, it's Dell's advertising that uses Macs.

One company they forget to mention is ILM -- the home of the infamous Rebel Mac Unit and of course the birthplace of your fav imaging app and mine, Photoshop I might add. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
From the N's....

Nash, Graham; musician
Navarro, Dave; musician
Neale, Tracey: newscaster
Nelson, Bill; musician
New Order; music group
Nielson, Rick; musician
Nine Inch Nails; music group
Nitrozac; artist
Novello, Don; comedian, actor

yay Nitrozac! She needs a Canadian flag beside her though.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks mannyp! That was precisely what I was looking for, and we are now about to welcome two new macusers into the light! :cool:

It may not seem like very much...but every extra mac user is one more customer for software, etc. and that makes it better for all of us. ;) :D

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Went to the BBC Jazz Awards last night, hosted by Courtney Pine (for those who don't know him, famous sax player and /genre fusion composer). Went on about how he was watching a DVD on his Mac backstage, etc. Actually gives a full description of his computing/MIDI setup on his web site. Out of date but interesting...

·
Canadian By Choice
117,529 Posts
When my Mac arrives, I shall be listed just before Jeff Goldblum. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts