Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today's "Real Life Money" programme (on Global) featured a Burlington, Ontario business, "Shapings," run by couple Rob and Nicole. While flipping channels I caught sight of a Titanium Powerbook (hers) and an unidentified Mac-powered 15" Apple LCD display.

Anybody who runs their business on a Mac deserves some promotion, so:

the "Real Life Money" feature

Shapings Lingerie

We've already got a thread running with Mac-oriented businesses, how about those who chosen to use Macs for their operations?

:cool:
M

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ya! I would like to heard more about them. Especialy about the software they need and would like to see developped as this would give me so motivation to code something serious.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Downstairs at ASCA (Atlantic School for Chartered Accountants) their whole network is Mac, I was very impressed! also in the Classifieds office at the Herald, they have 2 eMacs in the front office, the Herald is no surprize because they do page layout, but ASCA, Accountants??? I really hope they dont use MYOB or Quickbooks

Do they even have Simply Accounting or ACCPAC for Mac???

·
Registered
536 Posts
Dear Mr. Macspectrum:

I am an accountant and I love Mac, I guess I really am an oxy-Moron!!!
Only an hour left and I get to go home and use my Mac, I call it Indy, cause it's an Indigo from 2001.

as an accountant I love the business side of apple, its such a cool little company. the fact that the total cost of ownership is a lot lower that PC also makes me smile.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
How about one of Canada's largest Telephone Companies?

Run exclusively on Macs prior to Apple's near implosion in 1996, SaskTel switched to Wintel at that time.

The switch didn't stick, however, and SaskTel uses a variety of OS's on a "best-tool" basis. Today, depending somewhat on your job, you can choose to run an Apple CPU if you want.

Any trip to the many retail SaskTel stores to pay your bill; pick up a new phone; or change your service options, and there's a good chance your customer service rep will enter the data on his or her Mac.

SaskTel runs on a 100% fibre-optic network (completed 1982), was the first Teleco to offer retail DSL service in North America (1995); provides land-based, wireless, and satellite phone service in Saskatchewan, Television and Internet service over phone lines in Saskatchewan, California, and New Zeland, and is the world leading installer of Fibre Optic networks, with installations in over 80 nations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts