Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think most places will tell you anything to get you in the door and collect your money. I've worked in different aspects of telecomm for 20 years now. Just last year, the company wanted ALL voice/phone staff to get their CCNA certification. We are not dumb :eek: but it is quite difficult! :baby: Anyhow, the higher-ups decided that it was not a requirement after all.

IF you want to go the Cisco route, CCNA is the starting point. Once you get this, you can go onto different things but I don't think a company will hire you just because you have a CCNA and no practical work experience. IMO, having the practical experience along with the book smarts is key with this stuff.

That's my $0.02

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,702 Posts
IF you want to go the Cisco route, CCNA is the starting point. Once you get this, you can go onto different things but I don't think a company will hire you just because you have a CCNA and no practical work experience. IMO, having the practical experience along with the book smarts is key with this stuff.
I would suggest that your advice applies to all careers and disciplines. Getting accreditation is only a start. Having practical and life experience is a huge factor for any job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts