Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this picture from the Washington Post and wanted to join in on this Caption please! fun. This is San Luis resevoir in California with water levels a whopping 186 feet below what it should normally be this time of the year.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:D LOL at all the entries so far. Keep em coming!

MacDoc, what do you do with all these after? You don't secretly work for a newspaper do you? Using our creative minds to your benefit?? :O

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
15 minutes of fame......15 million years of fossilhood ahead...I shoulda listened to mom

·
Registered
415 Posts
"I should've put some sun screen."

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
This awaits us all if we are not more realistic re global warming.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Al Gore's next phase of an "Inconvenient Truth - Global Boiling The Last Grand Banks Cod "

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
Update from two years ago

8/1/2009
My husband and I just got back from this place hoping to fish. The water level is shockingly low from what it was 7 years ago. As a result, murky/swampy water-- and no fish caught. Just disappointed.

and this photo from the heart of the California water storage system

Above: The white 'bathtub ring' on the rocks around Lake Mead is from mineral deposits left by higher levels of water. A seven-year drought and increased water demand spurred by explosive population growth in the Southwest has caused the water level at Lake Mead, which supplies water to Southern California, to drop over 100 feet to its lowest level since the 1960s. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images
more sad photos here
California Drying Up | KPBS.org

caption for OP

It's only just begun :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts