Holy ____, That's One Huge Pig

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
"I got the idea from Digg"

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
It's about as real as a distorted perspective shot can make it.

Yes, it's one big pig. No, it's not THAT big. That picture has the boy sitting WAY behind the pig, to make it look larger than it is.

As for a caption:
"Yes Lisa, one MAGICAL animal."

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pig Out ......:clap:

•••

Just how sure are you of your facts on pig size?? The boy is a small 11 year old - I can imagine his arm is sore after 8 shots with a 50 calibre handgun.

Here are more details.
http://www.monsterpig.com/

With the pig finally dead in a creek bed on the 2,500-acre Lost Creek Plantation, a commercial hunting preserve in Delta, trees had to be cut down and a backhoe brought in to bring Jamison's prize out of the woods.

It was hauled on a truck to the Clay County Farmers Exchange in Lineville, where Jeff Kinder said they used his scale, which was recently calibrated, to weigh the hog.

Kinder, who didn't witness the weigh-in, said he was baffled to hear the reported weight of 1,051 pounds because his scale an old, manual style with sliding weights only measures to the nearest 10.
http://www.monsterpig.com

another - originally named Hogzilla and confirmed by Nat'l Geo and being made into a movie.
Guess what lack of predators and lots of food =.

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
Flashforward 50 days...
Kid: "What's for dinner Ma?"
Mom: "Pork!"
Kid: "Ah Mom not again"
Mom: "Well that will teach you the next time you want to shoot a 1 ton pig"

or

I've woke up beside some pigs before but this one takes the cake!

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
More like 500 days - 1.5 lbs a day...not including left overs. ;)

·
Canuck of Enlightenment
949 Posts
There was no burglar, Ma was just at the sauce again. Can somone help me get her to bed.

·
Palindromic Pooch
10,621 Posts
Anytime someone can integrate a Babe reference, my life gains a little more meaning.
I was at a high school commencement ceremony last night, and someone used that line as she crossed the stage. Almost brought tears to my eyes.

My favourite line of the night, though, was the guy who wrote something like this:

"Thanks for all the great memories. It's going to be hard for me to sum up everything I want to say in 25 words, but . . ."

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
"Some pig", which is from "Charlotte's Web".

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.