Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my kids a mac mini for Christmas. I just but a Dynex keyboard and mouse combo for $9. Every time the mini went to sleep it would forget about the keyboard, and you would have to 'identify' it by pressing the keys to the right/left of the shift keys.

Annoying, so I went and got them a logitech k120 keyboard. Seemed to work fine; had to do the 'identify' thing when first plugged it, but not after sleep.

Sent them home to their mothers. Son setup computer, and now the keyboard is virtually non-responsive. I there are a couple keys that work but that is it; they can't even log in. Seems odd that a keyboard would just stop working.

I am 4000 miles away, and can only trouble shoot with my 12 y/o, but the problem seems pretty straight forward. The keyboard did not mention mac compatibility (which seemed odd for logitech), though it even mentioned linux. I have also never had a keyboard 'just die' on me (without spilling on it). I have never had a usb keyboard not work with my macbook. Do I send their mother out to get another usb keyboard? Can anyone recomend one that works (corded only please)? The logitech keyboard is a k120 FYI.

I am frustrated to no end. I wish apple would have charge me another $3.07 and had foxconn package in a keyboard.

~S

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
It could be the USB port on the Mac is faulty. Have them move the keyboard to another USB port. If that doesn't help, call Apple.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts