Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
120 Posts
This is not unique to EhMac - this happens on all forums that use this new upgraded forum software - vwvortex for example; and nowhere is it possible to click or disable anything.

And this started happening the day they all upgraded to this new version; and it happens in all browsers.

Complete asshole-design in my opinion.

Cheers
This is not that common if an issue. There was one member who posted it here. This has also not been reported on the admin/moderator forum run by the owners of this site. If it happened to all browsers, as you say it does, then we would have heard a lot more complaints on this. I access this forum, along with multiple others, using safari, Chrome, and Firefox. I have never experienced this kind of issue.

·
Administrator
120 Posts
OK, but I am experiencing the issue, on all browsers, on two machines.

Are you saying that since I am the only one experiencing this issue it does not warrant any attention?
I didn’t say that, but in my experience with being in tech support for 20 years. If an issue doesn’t exist for everyone, or even a high amount of users. Then the issues are usually on the user side and not the software side. I’m not saying that is the case here. There could very well be an issue with the forum software. I’m just saying that when troubleshooting issues, you find out if it is happening to everyone or only a small amount of users. In my experience, the small amount of users situation warrants a closer look at what is being done on the user side. I have no idea what could be going on here. This is why we are waiting for @VSAdmin to have a look at this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts