Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Used to be Tilt
264 Posts
This is not unique to EhMac - this happens on all forums that use this new upgraded forum software - vwvortex for example; and nowhere is it possible to click or disable anything.

And this started happening the day they all upgraded to this new version; and it happens in all browsers.

Complete asshole-design in my opinion.

Cheers

·
Used to be Tilt
264 Posts
This is not that common if an issue. There was one member who posted it here. This has also not been reported on the admin/moderator forum run by the owners of this site. If it happened to all browsers, as you say it does, then we would have heard a lot more complaints on this. I access this forum, along with multiple others, using safari, Chrome, and Firefox. I have never experienced this kind of issue.
OK, but I am experiencing the issue, on all browsers, on two machines.

Are you saying that since I am the only one experiencing this issue it does not warrant any attention?

And like I said, I have this not just on EhMac, but on other forums that use this same software; and all of it started when this new "look" was implemented.

SNIP

I am assuming that you must have the same trouble as well, but in all browsers??? Maybe have a look in your Notifications Preference pane In case there is some setting you could disable or enable to fix the problem???

- Patrick
=======
Thank you Patrick, Yes, it is on all browsers, and on both Macs I own; and only on forums that use this software after the new look was implemented.

And yes I did check - notifications are off for every app on all my devices - I hate notifications, so they are always turned completely off and are still off - I just checked again now.

Cheers

·
Used to be Tilt
264 Posts
I didn’t say that, SNIP In my experience, the small amount of users situation warrants a closer look at what is being done on the user side. I have no idea what could be going on here. This is why we are waiting for @VSAdmin to have a look at this.
I understand, thank you. I shall look into what Peter said (quoted below) and if that does not resolve the issue, then I shall wait for VSAdmin.

@TiltAgain SNIP check to see if you have any browser extensions enabled. If so, try disabling all extensions to see if that resolves your issue. If it does, start adding them back again and test until you find the one that is causing the issue.
Thank you. On Firefox and Opera I do have a few extensions (ad blockers and tracker blockers basically). I shall try disabling those and see.

However, on safari, I have no extensions at all, just plain old vanilla Safari, and I have the issue there too; so would you have any suggestions about that case?

@TiltAgain
You may even want to try booting up using safe boot mode and see if the problem continues or possibly disappears.
SNIP
=======
Thank you Patrick, I shall try this too.

Cheers

Edited to add: I am afraid I have to eat crow. I logged into the Guest account (where there are no extensions anywhere); and I was able to turn off Notifications from Safari. My apologies for being nasty earlier - I was hasty.

So, the extensions I use on firefox are uBlock Origin, Bypass Paywalls and Disable Javascript. I shall try disabling each one individually and see which one the culprit is; but in the meanwhile would anyone here have any possible thoughts as to why the conflict might exist? Thank you.

·
Used to be Tilt
264 Posts
That doesn't really make much sense or explain why you have the problem with Safari that doesn't even have any extensions enabled.
SNIP
No it does not.

Meanwhile, re. Firefox, I have it on two machines - one with just uBlock Origin and the other with the extensions I mentioned earlier.

This brings me to understand that it is probably uBlock Origin that is causing the problem; but I do not have the technical ability to understand which setting in uBlock Origin the culprit is.

Removing uBlock Origin I am afraid is not an option I am willing to entertain, so it is going to be a long search indeed :) Plus of course, why Safari misbehaved with no extensions.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts