ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day all

I tried to access the iTunes Store last night and again this morning, but for some strange reason all I get is a blank page!

It goes through the motions, I log on, select the store - blank. All other aspects of ITunes appears to function normally.

I had purchased the Little Dorit series over the holidays and was in the process of downloading each episode - only have 4 episodes to go, but now I can't even see anything on the site.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm running 10.6.8 on a 2010 27" iMac - latest version of iTunes - accounts in good order as far as I know - I'm stumped (Yes, I rebooted and restarted iTunes - no difference)

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
I just tried mine and iTunes launched and the store opened as normal for me on a 15" late 2013 rMBP running 10.10.1.

Maybe restart the computer instead of iTunes?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Don, I should have been clearer - I did reboot my computer, (I do it every morning - I shut down each night) but it did not fix the problem.

I had checked for update - when I was in iTunes - and got a note that said I was up-to-date. (11.3) However, I remembered I had re-installed 10.6.8 just before Christmas, and all seemed OK. so today I checked "Software Update" to day, and a newer version of iTunes (11.4) was available (plus a few other bits).
Installed this later version and Voila - the iYunes store is visible, and I can now finish downloading my purchased TV show.

As they say, when your finally convinced the machine is broken - that's when you find out what you're doing wrong.;)

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Not only a good thing, a remarkable feat as well! All day and everyday I am reading about e.g. Yosemite issues et al. To get the latest 10.6.8 compatible iTunes version working on that old dragon (as Snow Leopard can be considered these days), is a tribute to what I consider to be the last great version of Mac OSX, and a tribute to its user too!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If changing language, signing out of iTunes, turning off Genius had not solved the blank update screen, a solution that worked for me is:

1. Turn off automatice time setting
  2. Set the clock forward one year
  3. Check for app updates (get error)
  4. Correct the clock time/date
  5. Check for update and get them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts