Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So, I got my iWork '08 cd slipped it in and created a fax sheet, then went to print. I had been printing only moments before, so I didn't think it was the printer.

However, it turned out I was out of three colours, so I went to my limited stock and replaced them. Simple right? Not.

The yellow wasn't clicking in right, but eventually it did, but now I have a yellow flashing light, like its processing, with it turning green for a teasing three seconds, then back to flashing yellow. I can't clean the heads because of this, and I certainly can't print.

I should mention this is third party ink, I've been using successfully many times.

Now I have a Numbers document to print....

Any ideas???

Thanks!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone has even a glimmer of an idea of what I might try.... :confused:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Buy another printer, inkjet printers are disposable now. It's cheaper to buy a new one than replace ink in the lower end models. :D

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I bought Staples brand ink for my Epson all in one and it worked great...until I got 1 bad color cartridge. Since I had bought a few cartridges on sale anyway, I put in another and it worked fine. If you have another cartridge, try it out. If it works with the new cartridge and have the bill of sale from the non working unit you can try to get your money back.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought Staples brand ink for my Epson all in one and it worked great...until I got 1 bad color cartridge. Since I had bought a few cartridges on sale anyway, I put in another and it worked fine. If you have another cartridge, try it out. If it works with the new cartridge and have the bill of sale from the non working unit you can try to get your money back.
Hi Ernst, that's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. The problem is, I put in three colours at once, and would prefer not having to buy them if I don't have to. I also remembered the ones I replaced my ink with were over a year old (I don't do a lot of printing - 250 pages in a year) so maybe they're all duds? I'll check out Staples / Bureau EnGros tomorrow since I'll be in the area. Thanks for the suggestion!

Absolutetotalgeek, I know printers are a dime a dozen these days, but unfortunately they are not recyclable, and until thy are, I guess I'll get caught in the producers game of buy my printer and pay a whole lot more to replace the ink. I'll see if Staples brand is half decently priced, and go from there. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.