Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the show, I want to also specifically post some pictures/information about Canadian Mac related companies. I know some like ATI Technologies, ToonBoom, and Alias. Anyone know of other Canadian Mac related companies that will be at the show?

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
You may want to check if the good folks at Market Circle are attending to demonstrate how DayLite 1.5 works under Panther...

(I have no contact there and there is currently nothing on the web site)

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Moscool. That's perfect! Never heard of that company or product before. And they're from Richmond Hook, Ontario. That's great, I'll be sure to stop by and ask some questions, take some photos, maybe see if I can get a copy for a draw here on ehMac.

Product looks really interesting.

Anyone know of other Canadian Mac related products?

·
Registered
237 Posts
We (and me) will be in San Francisco. The company's name is Cryptocard and we do hardware (and software) authenticators.

John

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yup... According to the floor plan, it's 1747...

And the url to the company info is: CRYPTOCard

John

Edits: Added URL, fixed type-o.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks JohnnyG4, we'll stop by the booth for sure! ;)

This is great! Any more Canadian companies?

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
I used to work for Centrinity (Markham) and went to Macworlds in San Fran and NYC. Our company still makes FirstClass groupware (still the best out there). I wish I was still working in the industry...

I met fellow Canadians from Starry Night (Markham), ATI (Markham), Alias Wavefront (Toronto), ProCreate/Corel (Ottawa), ACDSee (Victoria), Infowave (Burnaby), Griffin Technology (Burnaby) and Matrox (Montreal).

With the Mac-economy still in the doldrums, I doubt you'll see that many ever again.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Discreet from Montreal will be at MWSF2004 demonstrating Combustion Cleaner and their other 3D video products. I read this on their website.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There's a chance that Nitrozac and I will be at the show, signing books at the O'Reilly booth. We're just trying to work that out... so, if so... cya there!

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
From Macrumors.com about Discreet at MWSF:

"Official information will be welcome, in light of recent rumors that Cleaner development may have been placed on hold and hints that Apple may acquire Discreet's desktop video division."

Very interesting...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts