·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<a href="http://www.qksrv.net/click-869674-7128689" target="_top" >
</a>
Please support ehMac with your online shopping

-----------------------------------------------

For the past several years, there has been only one place in Canada to buy Apple products online: Directly from the Mothership. Due to Apple Canada's policy, no other Apple dealers were allowed to sell online in Canada. It appears the policy has changed as MacWarehouse Canada is now selling Apple products online. Here is the message from their web site:

"The new Dual G4 1.25 GHz Power Mac now you can buy it (and any) Apple product online at MacWarehouse." Other Apple products are prominently displayed on the main page and can be purchases as well.

Is Apple Canada opening up online sales to other dealers in Canada as well? If you have information, click that reply button or send email to [email protected].

This story brought to you by ehMac.ca: Canada's Mac Community.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Not sure what the advantage over the mothership is. Perhaps shipping is cheaper? Apple.ca has the very latest products and is always up to date. This may not be true of MacWarehouse.ca. Still, competition and widened options are always good.

P.S. Ordered a DVI-ADC adaptor from Apple.ca on Friday night. 2-3 weeks estimated shipping. 4 am email Saturday - product shipped. Don't you just lurve the internet.....

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
I wonder if Macwarehouse will offer "deals" that actually undercut Apple, e.g., via bundling printers / RAM / etc. when Apple does those sort of special promotions only when they need to clear out stock....?

M

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This information was provided to me by a Mac dealer:

Apple is now allowing its resellers, with certain restrictions, to sell to customers within their defined geographic territory, via the Internet. Urban resellers can sell online to customers within a 100km radius of their stores, suburban resellers within a 200km radius, and I believe rural resellers can sell through the web to customers within a 400km radius of their stores.

Because Mac Warehouse was previously allowed to sell (via telephone) to customers across Canada, this policy change allows them to sell online to customers across Canada.

Anyone else have any news of information on this?

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
That's curious because I've been buying stuff from MacWarehouse for over a year online, Why are they making this announcement now?

I know that MacWarehouse has mergered with Datacomm in Canada and is also called MicroWarehouse in the States, Seems like this is old news to me, Is there something I missed here?

Unless you mean that they now have a .ca url address instead of their usual .com url address, Then o.k. that's news, Just like the newest catalog (Volume 52) has a new symbol for the company logo and the newest url plastered on the front cover. www.macwarehouse.ca

The site does look newer, No more confusing search engines that don't work, It is very easy to navigate compared to the old site.

Dave :cool:

[ June 18, 2003, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: dolawren ]

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You haven't been buying Apple products online. At least not in a traditional shopping cart method. They use to have the method where you could build an order, than you could print out the sheet, and give them a call.

This is the first time you can do the complete order online.

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
Actually come to think of it, I've only bought bits and pieces online from them, I've never actually bought a whole Mac at once before online.

Well...Glad to know that I can now.

Dave :cool:

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Unless you mean that they now have a .ca url address instead of their usual .com url address, Then o.k. that's news, Just like the newest catalog (Volume 52) has a new symbol for the company logo and the newest url plastered on the front cover
They've had a .ca url address for at least a year if not longer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i actually bought my ibook from macwarehouse.ca along with some other stuff, not only did it have overnight shipping, but had great deals and saved me a few hundred bucks compared to apple.ca

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Hmm...previous post seems to be stuck on the ehMac welcome page, despite being several days old. Thought I would try and un-stick it with this post.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts