Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any easy way to check Apple's educational prices (since the Applestore blocks certain colleges & universities)? Or do you know which school I can pretend to be enrolled in to check through Apple's site?

I know George Brown posts its prices online but they are usually pretty slow to update them.

Apparently Apple lowered its education prices across the board in the last few days so I'd like to get an idea of what certain items cost.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I find going to www.apple.ca/store/ then clicking on education, choosing Higher Education Students and entering a 6 digit number (that's how long the numbers are) then choosing Alberta and Athabasca University are great for checking in, as some of the Universities listed will just tell you to go check your local universities computer store.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I doubled checked the prices this morning and I'm sure that there have been no updates (maybe this is just a US edu initiative). The eMac with Superdrive is still exactly the same price it was over the last few months and the 1.6 gHz G5 is still $2699, same as before.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
I checked with our Computer Purchasing Center, which is an authorized Apple Educational seller, and I was told that I might expect the educational changes that are currently being offered in the US to be seen in Canada within the next four weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

Chealion, it works for me even when I go through the Apple Store. Perhaps, I have some cookies lying around that are helping me out? Or, since I'm at an educational institution at the moment, the Apple Store may read that and let me in that way?

Mmm... cookies.

Beats me.

James

PS: I had to include a space after my ellipsis (...) and before the word cookies or I get this message: Sorry, we do not permit the following HTML tag or attribute: COOKIE.

Isn't that interesting?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts