Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking the Airhead is planning on having Canada Post initiate a Lockout.

Basing this on CPP and OAS cheques arriving 2 weeks early and Canada Post rejecting shipping on my latest Amazon.ca order.

Anyways if the Airhead is trying to lose the next election, shutting down Canada Post right in the heart of the Christmas Rush should get the job done.

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
They deserve to be fired. But the wrong time of the year to play the heavy. Wait until January 1.

I'm thing the Airhead is planning on having Canada Post initiate a Lockout.

Basing this on CPP and OAS cheques arriving 2 weeks early and Canada Post rejecting shipping on my latest Amazon.ca order.

Anyways if the Airhead is trying to lose the next election, shutting down Canada Post right in the heart of the Christmas Rush should get the job done.

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
Wow, you mean some folks still get cheques for CPP and OAS?

We've been on electronic deposits since the day we started 14 years ago, no PO involved.
I didn't even think that was an option for CPP as of a few years ago.

I will say that this last strike action has again caused businesses I work with to make sure they never trust Canada Post again for anything critical. If the government dropped its ridiculous monopoly protection for letter mail--no business may deliver letter mail for less than three time the price charged by Canada Post--they would be a marginal player now at best.

·
Premium Member
10,107 Posts
Basically, Canada Post is the “land line” of the mail set. While the majority of their deliveries where I live are parcels, we do pay a lot for junk mail and flyer deliverers....... but something to consider...... there are a number of areas in this country with very poor internet service.....these rural and isolated areas probably rely on CP as their most reliable if not only option......that said, I think the Posties are in a dying industry and they should have the monopoly on 1st class mail removed.....open it up and let the customers decide who to use.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Wow, you mean some folks still get cheques for CPP and OAS?

We've been on electronic deposits since the day we started 14 years ago, no PO involved.
That presents an interesting conundrum for me.

While I'm still a number of years away from collecting, I think I'll ultimately go the mail route. The less the Feds know about my personal banking, the better.

'Course, by then, some idiot Prog PM will probably already have granted StatsCan open season on everybody's personal banking info anyways.

Back on topic, if CanPost slid into the Atlantic, I wouldn't know they had disappeared, save my bills would be arriving faster & cheaper...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Why would anyone order on line given the potential for delivery problems???

Beats me :confused:

Canada post has lost its relevance, there is hardly anything we receive by snail-mail that could be labeled "important". Magazines like National Geographic and others still arrive at our mail box. I still like a paper version of a magazine and newspaper.

FWIW, direct deposits are great and so are bank to bank transfers.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
That presents an interesting conundrum for me.

While I'm still a number of years away from collecting, I think I'll ultimately go the mail route. The less the Feds know about my personal banking, the better.

'Course, by then, some idiot Prog PM will probably already have granted StatsCan open season on everybody's personal banking info anyways.

Back on topic, if CanPost slid into the Atlantic, I wouldn't know they had disappeared, save my bills would be arriving faster & cheaper...
I solved this easily, just opened a second savings account at my bank and the deposits from the Feds go into that account. Only thing it is used for. Then I transfer it to my chequeing account. No charges for an account for seniors at CIBC. All transactions free.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
I solved this easily, just opened a second savings account at my bank and the deposits from the Feds go into that account. Only thing it is used for. Then I transfer it to my chequeing account. No charges for an account for seniors at CIBC. All transactions free.
Nice! :clap:

·
Canadian By Choice
117,372 Posts
A great idea. I just have them send me cash and I keep it in the basement.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
Can't you straighten up those piles? Looks like a hoarder's den!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts