Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.emotionent.com/theater.html

Does anybody have any problems loading thses QT video files at all in any browser?

If you have a PC could you check that too, everybody has been telling me that they are having problems loading them on mac and PC, not sure what is going on, I was so impressed with Compressor until now!

NOTE the first file on the top left does not work right now, I am aware of that, but it's what you get for trying to modify your code when you have 2mins to catch a bus!!

[ August 18, 2003, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: MacDaddy ]

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Just tried on a PC with IE 6 and QT 6.3.

No good. Comes up with an error saying "The data the plugin requested, did not download succesfully."

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Safari 1.0, OS X 10.2.6, QT 6.3 - fail. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

I use Safari 1.0 and, I think, Quicktime 6.3. Reading from left to right, I got the third clip in the first row and the first and second clips in the second row to work.

James

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys
I am VERY dissapointed in compressor right now, all of them were exported from there, except the 3 on the right which were .mpg files, I dunno what is going on here.
I am using the same coding that quicktime.com uses to embed files.

I will try recompressing them using Cleaner instead and post again.

·
Registered
359 Posts
powermac 8600/233, QT 5, Mozilla 1.3.1
Only #3, #5, #6 worked

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Beige G3 with Mozilla 1.4 on OSX.2. Same results as Yoyo, #3, #5, #6 work, all the others don't.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Pismo >> Jag.4 >> QT 6.0.1 -- all is seemingly not good.

left 2 right >> mov files 3-5-6 worked. Others did not in either Safari 1.0 or Explorer 5.2

H!

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys,
Thanks for the input on what files were working and what were not.
I have almost finished getting all of them to work.
All of them should work now except for (From lef to right, top to bottom) #3, and #6 as I decided to change the music and make some tweaks in #3, and I'm trying to get the #6 smaller in size still (From the 29mb I have it now!!)

Please let me know if the new files are working correctly now. I am having no problems in IE and Camino!

http://www.emotionent.com/theater.html

ThanX

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
From left to right,
The 4th on top won't load, The eighth on the bottom won't load.

What happens is just a second tiny window opens with
nothing in it, The window is about 300x300.
The other movies open in the same window and don't
open a second window, This could be the key to your error.

I'm using a Beige G3 366/512/40 running Quicktime Pro
6.2 and the player is 6.3, My OS is X 10.1.5 with Internet
Explorer version 5.2.3.

Dave :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you everybody for your help!
The difference in Quality was dependant on the video itself, but most of them are around the same (A Couple start lookking bad, but clear up after a few seconds, I cant seem to get rid of that)

dolawren - Both of those files I made specifically to pop up into another window simply because they are .mpg files and do not want to load into an HTML page with the QT plugin for some reason.
The do not seem to load right away though, if you wait a minute, that may get it working.

·
Registered
359 Posts
They all worked
8600/233 mozilla 1.4

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.