Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just got my iSight (drove down to the States) and I was wondering if I can record stuff with it. I want to put little video clips on my homepage and broadcast it in MPG4.

I am assuming that third party software is needed. Any suggestions? I have Quicktime Pro.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Sander

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Try opening up iMovie while the iSight is plugged in and you can import the video and save as QT

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
The iSight does not work with iMovie on any of the machines I have tried (And that is confirmed on the Knowledge Base)

I looked around and DL all the capture programs on Versiontracker and none of them work with the iSight except for iChat A/V

There is only one program that I found that will work with it, but I am sure it's use would not be needed for most users as it is a security program, but if you want to check it out www.securityspy.com
We are looking at replacing our security system with this program on an Xserve, we were thinking about the iSight as the camera as well, but we are checking out some camera's with a longer focal length as well.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Try QuickTime Broadcaster.

We were playing with it today, is supports iSight.
You can play with the hue, focus and other stuff.

We did not try recording anything but I seem to recall the function when playing with QTB earlier this year.

You may have to set up a stream and record off the receiving machine.

The iSight is a cool little gadget....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts