Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has tried using their educational id (student, staff, faculty or otherwise) in an Apple Retail Store in the USA?

I often go down to visit my parents in the Seattle area and need to buy some stuff for my lappy. Just wondering if anyone has been able to use their ID card in the States or do they require that it is from a US institution?

Cheers, Andrew.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well on the education store online, when I checked they don't give you an option for a university in Canada when purchasing from the U.S. site. Also I remember when someone else was ordering a Macbook and using his educational discount in my nearby Apple Store the worker there asked him " Do you go to a University in Canada?" So I guess you have to be from the same country as where you work whether it be a teacher or a student going to university in order to make use of the discount. But it wouldn't hurt to try and ask now? I'm sure they might understand.

Good Luck :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Mac 100x,
Yeah, I know that they won't do it online. Just wondering if anyone has tried it in person in one of the stores. I will try next time I'm down there and let you all know.

Cheers, Andrew.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Worked for me

My info is quite out of date, but it worked for me at the Apple Store in New York in 2004. I'd make sure you bring sufficient evidence that you're currently a student.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Just checked yesterday for a kid's laptop - it is cheaper to buy refurb than through the Educational store. Only $100 discount for the student Id.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts