Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The other day, my MBP died....just turned off....nothing working....I was on word and it just shut down. I tried pressing the power button, nothing worked. I thought it had died...after 14 years, a pretty good run.

And now, out of curiosity I just tried it and it turned on.

Can anyone explain what might have happened? Did it over heat and a safety turn on to shut it down? Its a 2007 MBP A1151. One of the best laptops apple has ever made (in my humble opinion)

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
Can anyone explain what might have happened? Did it over heat and a safety turn on to shut it down? Its a 2007 MBP A1151. One of the best laptops apple has ever made (in my humble opinion)
As you say, maybe it overheated somehow and you could try looking in the Console log in case there may be some indication of what or why, and yes those 2007 MacBooks Pros were quite good, especially if one got the graphics card replaced under Apple's extended warranty many years ago.

My cousin is still using my old 15" one after her 2008 Macbook just up and died, never to boot again. Hopefully it will keep going for her for a number more years.

- Patrick
=======

1 - 2 of 2 Posts