Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to switch from my 17" iMac G5 at work to my 20" intel core due iMac. Only problem, I need new RAM, as I assume I can't use my G5 RAM in my 20" intel core due.

That said, I need RAM and I'm in Toronto. I'd like to buy it at a store, can anyone let me know where is the best place to get 2 one gig sticks of ram? (for lack of a better term, I'm using 'sticks', sorry)

Is it way cheaper to do it online. If so I guess I'll wait, but truth be told, I'd rather buy RAM today/tomorrow then have to wait.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Daniel

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Send me a PM, Daniel. Might have a deal for you.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Sticks is the right term.

Any Mac Dealer will have this RAM. Also Canada Computers ($44.99 for 1GB after MIR) would be a decent choice in Toronto (or CTY - right next door.) Or Lars ;)

Or MacDoc. ;) LOL. So many choices.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Fyrefly... Do you work for Canada Computers? I'm just wondering, since it seems like every other post you mention them. I've seen at least 5 posts this month where you link to them. Just curious.

And a big P.S. to people: While Canada Computers may have good prices, their service is horrendous (makes Future Shop seem friendly!) and their return/warranty policy is even worse. I had to wait 6 weeks for them to replace/fix a HD enclosure I had bought the day before that was DOA. They had no more stock on the item, and refused to refund me, so I had no choice but to wait the 6 weeks. Just thought I'd inform people so they can make informed decisions.

A7

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know some of the Canadacomputers locations are really bad. I've found the locations in Mississauga and Richmond Hill are not too bad. Probably because they're not that busy. Avoid the Pacific Mall location. Too busy to bother with you. Canada computers has good prices, but you're best off knowing what you want in advance. Also look at NCIX.com I picked up a 250GB drive from them for my MacBook.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Fyrefly... Do you work for Canada Computers? I'm just wondering, since it seems like every other post you mention them. I've seen at least 5 posts this month where you link to them. Just curious.

And a big P.S. to people: While Canada Computers may have good prices, their service is horrendous (makes Future Shop seem friendly!) and their return/warranty policy is even worse. I had to wait 6 weeks for them to replace/fix a HD enclosure I had bought the day before that was DOA. They had no more stock on the item, and refused to refund me, so I had no choice but to wait the 6 weeks. Just thought I'd inform people so they can make informed decisions.
Hehehe. Do you work for "Calling me out all the time" Inc. ? ;) LOL

I don't work for any computer company/sales/etc... I work in Education. If I mention CC a fair bit, it's 'cause I think it's sort of the watershed for OEM computer pricing. I could use DirectCanda.com or NCIX.com as well, but they're in BC and I'm in Toronto.

EDIT: Also, I just searched ('cause I'm crazy like that) And of the 11 posts I've made in the last 24 hours -- I only mentioned CC in this one -- and only 'cause it's a good deal right now. :rolleyes:

You're also notice that I also linked to CTY and MacDoc. I don't work for either of them.

Again, you're part-right -- Lots of people have had bad customer service with CC. Depends on the store/employee, afaik -- I had a DVD-RW drive replaced on the spot. I think CTY customer service is much better.

Also... the question was about RAM prices in Toronto. CC has the best price right now (that I know of) for DDR2-667 SODIMM RAM. And it's located in the heart of Downtown Toronto. Seems like an adequate answer to the question asked.

PS: FS has better Customer Service? Have you ever been to the FS in Downtown Toronto? No store that I've ever been in has WORSE customer service. That store is horrendous. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts