Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
They don't require a US address when you buy it. You can just walk into an Apple or AT&T store, ask for an iPhone and pay for it.

You need a US address to activate it which means you can actually use it for something. Out of the box, it can't do anything other than dial 911.

The prepaid service is a way to unlock all the features of the iPhone without having a contract. There are software methods to get around this but you can't use YouTube or the phone part at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so after rogers here starts selling the iphone and offering the contracts...
can I get a plan here after the phone has been unlocked? I am assuming yes..but I wantto double check..
thanks again!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nobody knows since it's not here yet....you're gambling that you will be able to. Don't be surprised if Roger's would require you to buy 'their' iPhone....ideally it shouldn't matter since iTunes does the setup but Roger's may have a different SIM or something in the boxes sold in Canada.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wouldn't bother... with Rogers, you'll be paying disgustingly high fees for data. It would be a miracle if they offered unlimited data but chances are next to nil... they would lose so much revenue from their Blackberry customers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts