Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Buying Advice..

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Jason H 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'm thinking of buying a new mac and I need some advice. I've got two reasons I'd like to upgrade. My current iBook g4 is getting kind of slow and I want to be able to run windows for some applications for school. I'm thinking of a Macbook w/ superdrive. I'm not sure if I should buy a new one or a refurbished one. The price difference is about $150 (w/ student discount factored in) and the iPod promo does kind of sweeten the deal. Any suggestions? I've had terrible luck with refurbished iPods.

Thanks for any advice! I cant believe I switched 4 years ago, I also cant believe my iBook is 3 years old. It will be sad to see her go, but I'm going to give her to my mom.

#3 ·
I'd normally suggest the refurbed route, but the $150 more for non-refurbed machine is bascially the credit you get for hte iPod.

So if you *don't* want a free iPod... lol... then get the refurb. Otherwise... you're paying $150 for a $220 iPod credit. You also get a free printer with new Macs if you're a student.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.