Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying a Mac

Other than resellers and here at Ehmac

Where else have you successfully or not so successfully bought a mac from , details like model , price etc.

Laptop stories encouraged

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Used or new?

I have had good experiences with the on-line Apple store. But I guess that's a pretty boring story. :D

·
Registered
781 Posts
Check out the Apple refurbished store. You have to keep your eyes open, because good deals tend to get bought up quick, and there's no build to order option (though some people have reported getting unexpected, free RAM or harddrive upgrades).

The Apple Store (Canada) - Refurbished Mac

Otherwise, the Apple Store is the way to go. Simple, fast, and effective. I hear Staples is clearing out remaining inventory right now, too, so get it while the getting is good, if there's any getting left. :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am with Vexel, very good place to find any kind of used goods.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The best prices are usually on Craigslist, if you're patient. You also get the benefit of inspection before purchasing, as well as the lack of shipping fees.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I concur, dealing locally is best. The buyer can thoroughly inspect the product they wish to purchase, the seller can rest assured he/she's receiving cash and not monolopy money in exchange.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts