Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently got a copy of OSX Leopard from my boss with the instructions to install it on my macbook to help him test some software. It appears to be the copy that he got at WWDC. The problem is that he gave it to me on a flash drive and I am having trouble installing it.

I have been trying to burn a copy with no success. I have both single layer and dual layer DVDs at my disposal. I also have Toast Titanium on my machine. When I do it with the regular DVD-Rs it spans across 2 dvds and is thus not usable for install because when I pop the disc in I get the Roxio .spanned files and not what you'd expect to see. So I then moved to my DVD+R DL discs and I'm told by Toast that it cannot format the data.

I'm stuck and don't know where to go from here. Can anyone provide insight on what I have to do to burn the disc image I have onto a dvd (or span 2) for install? FInally I should note that the burner I am using is an external one.... its info from profiler is attached.

Thanks,
-D

Attachments

G

·
Good luck with that. If it was simply copied to a flash drive I don't think there's much of anything you can do to make it bootable again. I'd ask him for his original DVD media and install from that.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've now even gone as far as to create a partition and put the files in there to try and boot from it.....still a no go. Hes in Ontario with his media and I am in NL with the disc image only......sucks to be me.....

·
Registered
960 Posts
Disk Utility?

If a disk image of the DVD, you could try using Disk Utility to burn it over to a DVD. Do not mount the image, just burn it. Try booting from the DVD when done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts