Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I picked up a MacBook 2.0 on Thursday and I have been having some issues with it and I want to know if anyone else is experiencing them.

1. When I plug in my power adapter it makes a buzzing similar to an electrical box.

2. My Backlight for the screen seems to flicker at times regardless of whether or not its plugged in.

3. My exhaust fan sounds like it is a Bee around when it is idling, I installed a fan controller and upped my idle speed by 1000rpm and it is gone now.

#2 worries me the most and in order for me to get it fixed I have to drive 400kms, an option I would rather not experience again.

Thanks all,

Lee

·
Registered
104 Posts
take it back and exchange it. otherwise take it in for repair. If you go the repair route, take it to a 3rd party place like the cd-rom store, carbon computing etc. I have just found that the aplle store at places like the eaton center seldom listen to what you say and tend to fix only one of your many problems. the little guys make money for the repairs they do from apple, so they are more liable to keep you happy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thats what I was afraid of... the nearest place that is authorized to service apple products is 400KMs away... Being that I drove out there to buy it and now I am going to drive back it is now worth the same as the Black MacBook...

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Methinks sending it by insured Canada Post would be cheaper than driving.
Call first to verify that the problems can be addressed.
If you bought directly from Apple.ca, call them and say the machine is defective and you want to arrange a replacement. See if they will foot the shipping bill.

Moral of the story - if you are traveling a long distance to buy a product, open it and test it right there in the store, and give if back immediately if it is defective.

·
Premium Member
17,845 Posts
Moral of the story - if you are traveling a long distance to buy a product, open it and test it right there in the store, and give if back immediately if it is defective.
AMEN!!!
Having lived in smaller communities I speak from experience. Everytime I forget that gem I arrive home with a defective product.:eek: Latest example is an $18 Pelican box with a defective purge valve. It will cost me $40 to drive to Calgary to replace it. Thankfully this is one issue duct tape can fix.:D

For the MacBook Canada Post is the way to go. Be sure to place back in the original packaging and check on insurance!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.