1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by macman:
Too bad we have to wait until 2004!

Macman.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why wait? Drop by MacWorld New York for 2003! There's a few of us Canucks who will be in attendance.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Start Collecting your AirMiles or AeroPlan Miles, [/now!

Check your local CAA for coupons that you can use for hotels. Those hotels costs can add up.

Call up the hotels directly and work out a deal with or without coupons. Keep on them and you will get lucky and a good price.

[/begin rant] Hotels and Motels are the biggest racket going out there, bigger than gas prices, they change prices on a whim, allow only a certain about of discount rooms and they you pay premium, and they always profess that their rooms are worth $110 plus when they are really $39 rooms.[/end rant]

If you are in the East you cold always drive!
Driven to NY, NY twice....... now I fly.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Greyhound from Toronto to New York City is available as a Go-Anywhere rate of $200 CDN. Trip is 11.5 hrs. Would be cheaper to rent a car between 4 people and drive in shifts but it's hard to find a rental agency that allows out of province travelling and unlimited mileage.

I drive a 2 seater, so don't look at me. My girlfriend and I did a 2 week driving tour of the East Coast from Toronto and back in my Miata this summer. Yes it was fun, but it ain't gonna happen again. Anybody remember the quote from the movie "Go" when they where trying to make room for a body in the trunk and the one guy looked at the other and yelled "STOP! It's a Miata!!" Enough said.

Driving stories aside, you can compare hotel rates pretty effectively and get some really good rates by using expedia.ca and travelocity.ca. There are others but I've generally found these two to be the most efficient.

Macman.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anyone planning on heading to Boston for Macworld in July?

Registration opened today.

I'm currently researching hotel options.

Would love to meet up for drinks or a stroll through the Expo if any other ehMacians are making the trip.

Macman.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.