Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Indigent Academic
8,115 Posts
On 10.13.4, no issues like that. Just got through editing bookmarks without any sort of problem..... :)

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No luck with a reinstall.

Try to use the Add Bookmark feature to Favourites. It works normally, but I cannot find the supposedly added bookmark. Very strange.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue and am using 10.13.4. It seems that instead of the bookmark showing up on the left side of the Favourites bar, where you can easily see the new bookmark you just added, they are now showing up under the >> on the right side, and at the very bottom. Most frustrating. Haven't been able to find a remedy to change it back?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, so that's where they go! Thanks for the info, now at least I can find and move them back to favourites in edit bookmarks. What a pain that is.

·
Used to be Tilt
238 Posts
Well, I am on the latest and greatest macOS and stuff, and I have no issues with bookmarks. But then again, I do not use the favourites bar or the bookmarks bar, I go the old-fashioned way and use the menu on top of the screen for everything.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
15,654 Posts
I have the same issue and am using 10.13.4. It seems that instead of the bookmark showing up on the left side of the Favourites bar, where you can easily see the new bookmark you just added, they are now showing up under the >> on the right side, and at the very bottom. Most frustrating. Haven't been able to find a remedy to change it back?

I don't use HS and probably won't for some time yet, but what on earth was Apple's possible logic for doing things that way, or why???

Sorry, maybe that should be "reasoning" rather than "logic" as there doesn't seem to be any.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts