Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to make of Bombardier....?

Bombardier reportedly in talks to sell business-jet unit to Textron

Bombardier Inc. is in talks to sell its business-jet unit to the U.S. maker of Cessna jets, Textron Inc., The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.

The move will help the struggling Canadian train and plane maker to pare billions of dollars in debt, the report said.

Bombardier’s shares have plunged more than 30 per cent so far this year. On Jan. 16, the company flagged a 2019 profit warning, citing problematic rail contracts, and warned of a potential writedown in the value of a plane partnership with European plane maker Airbus.

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
If this company was not being continually propped up by subsidies, it would have long since either folded or got its act together.

If Queerbec does not give a crap about Alberta's economy, I see no reason Albertans should continue to prop up one of their major employers.

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
eMacMan answered correctly before I got to it. Add to that a stubborn unwillingness to fulfill contracts on time. No mystery here. Now move along.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
The only thing I'd like to add is that I'd like all the subsidy money associated with the jet division refunded to the taxpayers, thankyouverymuch.

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
Probably a better article on the Bombardier mess than the one originally posted.

https://news.yahoo.com/canadas-top-manufacturer-bombardier-crossroads-022135865.html

I say if they can find someone dumb enough to take on the entire debt load of the aircraft division and pay enough extra to get the rail side on solid footing, then by all means sell!

Failing that fold the aircraft division and let the banksters and investors take the hit.

Hopefully Bombardier union pension funds are no longer invested in Bombardier. If they are so invested the pension fund will in all probability be vaporized regardless of what Bombardier does.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Hopefully Bombardier union pension funds are no longer invested in Bombardier. If they are so invested the pension fund will in all probability be vaporized regardless of what Bombardier does.
Great. That mans they'll come crying to Blackie, hat in one hand and the other reaching out for yet one more taxpayer-funded handout...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts