Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy a bluetooth mouse, would love the apple one, but i need scroll wheel, and such

so basically i want a standard scroll wheel, optical, bluetooth mouse.

but i don't want to pay extra for the "included transceiver" since i have it built in.
Also, i'd rather not have a dock, and definitely not one that plugs into the computer, i'm trying to eliminate wires not add them.

Are we Mac owners too far ahead of the curve with BlueTooth?

Cam

·
Registered
187 Posts
I use microsofts Bluetooth Mouse, it works alright. It comes with the dongle for my PC but I tossed that back in the box since I use it with my mac. Also is uses AA batteries so if your out and about you can change the batteries without needing some kind of dock station to charge them at.

I think Logitech also has a new mouse coming out (or out already) its very similiar to the popular MX700 but its bluetooth not RF based. I think they call it the MX800?

Either way there are options

·
Canadian By Choice
117,365 Posts
I use the Logitech cordless optical mouse with the scroll wheel with my G4 iBook and it works quite well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
it's out, called the mx900. i personally really recommend it, but it has a base charger thingy that has the dongle in it so i dont know if it's the right one for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When i said i've seen it, i meant on logitech's website, I haven't seen it at any stores yet

so it can use AA batteries?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i saw the logitech one, and it looks really nice, but the dock thing, it plugs into a wall outlet right?
I don't have to plug it into the computer?

I can't decide between logitech and MS, they both look really nice, I was really hoping there was some way to get one of them without the transceiver, so i could save some extra cash.

Are there any other companies making bluetooth mice?

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you looker closer at the MX900's (like pick it up) you'll notice there is a battery cover. So if you don't wont the base station, just put some AA batteries in it or use s different charger. And it will work with out the base station on bluetooth macs just like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts