Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note to ehMac users out there in cyber space.

A friend of mine purchased a brand new Audiovox 8600 cell phone so that he could access his email on the go with only his cell phone. He also wanted to be able to use the Audiovox 8600 as a modem to connect his 5 day old brand new 15 inch G4 powerbook using the built in bluetooth technology.

Too bad no one at the Bell centre phone store did not inform him that the Audiovox 8600 is not bluetooth compatible. After wasting a whole day on the phone with Bell tech support and being transferred from one operator to the other trying to configure the setup. We finally found out after 5 hours that the Audiovox 8600 is not using the proper drivers. The drivers that come with the Audiovox 8600 are the old 8500 drivers, not compatible with the brand new model, the 8600.

For those of you in the market for a cell phone that is bluetooth compatible Bell has told us that all the Samsung phones work just fine. Not one customer problem with any of the Samsung models. Too bad for us. What a waste of a day that I will never get back.

Be careful before getting that new cell phone. Maybe the new models are coming out too fast for the drivers to be properly updated in time for immediate useage.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I better look more closely at Bell Mobility offerings.
The last I checked, they didn't have any bluetooth phones that would use iSync.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would not reccomend SE, they are perhaps some of the nicest phones for features and such but very poor on depedability and RF.

I have 2 Seimens phones currently the S55 and the M55.

The S55 is a bluetooth phone, I'll try it with bluetooth and let you know how it works, but I have heard from others that it works no problem.

Apple also has the S55 as listed compatible with iSync.

Parousia

·
Registered
247 Posts
No Samsung phones have Bluetooth.

but i reccommend these: (bt enabled)

-T39m (SE)
-T630 (SE)
-Z600 (SE)

any SE phone that has BT can and will work well with your mac. SE has the best Bluetooth implementation of all phone out there, imho. its their technologically advanced Ericsson /// side.

·
Registered
292 Posts
look into a sony/ericsson t616 or t68i or there are a couple of nokia phones availible here that also have bluetooth...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts