Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some stupid moron gets a DUAL G5 for Christmas. Then -- like all immature kids -- plays with the box the toy came in!

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1133/

What a loser

First, it's SLOWER now. And second...

It looks like hell in there!

I'm tellin' his mommy.

Ya know, If he'd used it for a week... he may have actually "switched". Perhaps that's what he was afraid of? Poor kid. Can't break away from the herd.

Oh, and judging by that picture, it's about as expandable as an iMac!

[ January 28, 2004, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Macaholic ]

·
Registered
661 Posts
I got as far as the second picture, then I couldn't watch any more...
Hasn't that little ba$tard ever heard of trading?

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
some see problems, others see opportunity
anyone care to contact the little bugger and offer him $100 for his 2 x G5 CPUs?

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone care to contact the little bugger and offer him $100 for his 2 x G5 CPUs?
LMAO!

Hmm... I wonder if they'd fit in my Sawtooth?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nearly had a heart attack... :eek:

Note for myself :

NEVER give expensive gifts to a kid... stick with books like "Being a moron for dummies"... :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! HE CUT INTO THE CASING!!!

HE ACTUALLY CUT INTO THE CASING!!

That's it...

...definitive proof that the next generation will destroy this world and all good things that live upon it...

I've lost faith in humanity. Perhaps someone should cut into HIS casing...see how HE likes it...

GRrrrrrrrr...

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Sssssoooooo Sad...

Too.... many..... jokes..... about..... this.... kid.... must... stop.... the .... madnesss

·
Registered
350 Posts
And they say PCs are cheaper... That's a 5000 $ (CAN) Dell...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Possibly. But within an hour you'd be sucking up what's left of your plastic casing with a wet and dry shop vac!

:D

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
"Mommy bought me a Mac for Christmas but I really wanted a Dell...Humpf"

Talk about a culture of "use it for a while then it's over the shoulder" (to borrow a line from Ministry). Must be nice to have money to burn like that...it sure seems tantamount to trading in a car because it's the wrong colour.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Possibly. But within an hour you'd be sucking up what's left of your plastic casing with a wet and dry shop vac!

:D

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I might have accepted putting a PC motherboard in a G5 case, but did he have to make that much of a mess just to put a PC board in? The inside of that G5 case looks like a mess with cables here and there. What a spoiled kid ignorant kid - I don't think he had a clue of how powerful a machine he had.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Another proof of the difference between intelligence and judgment...

Guys, tell it's a joke, right? It is? Please say it is! :D

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
from the little dork's website

The board is a Biostar Micro ATX, with a 2200 Athlon XP with an Adaptec 29160 SCSI controller and two 36 GB Atlas 10K V hard drives. I am stuck using the onboard video because there is no AGP slot. I had no money for a SATA controller and quite honestly, I swear by SCSI (the G5 comes with SATA drives).

In the future, I want to get an Athlon 64 board and CPU with AGP support for a decent video card.

I use it mostly for Internet, ripping music/DVDs and pissing off my friend.

I put all the parts from the G5 into a box and gave it to my friend. He was rather happy. I think he is going to try to install them into his G3 - I hope he's successful.

amd 2200 vs. 2 x g5?

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Actually, wouldn't his friend have all the internal makings of a G5 - the motherboard, CPUs, powersupply, fans, etc - I think his friend could make a working G5 if he could fit that in some sort of case. This is the only good thing I could see that came out of this.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm wondering if he could find or buy just the case somewhere?
Hey! Jam it all into one of these!

Now THAT's a 20th Anniversary Mac!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I hope he posts pics of his buddies G3 when he shoves all that G5 goodness into the plastic case. That'll be a nice mess of melted plastic.

This is the stupidest mod I have ever seen. The kid obviously has more money than brains. What a jackass.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts