Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but twice now since I've updated my iPhone 3G to the OS 3.0 my screen turned blank with no way to turn it back on (the phone itself still "works", I just can't do anything with it on a blank screen). I've tried hard resets and even reinstalling the firmware.

The first time it happened I went to the genius bar after three days and the phone just magically turned on. The guy did a hardware test and nothing appeared wrong. He told me he did get a good number of complaints about the 3.0 OS.

And today, it happened again. The phone rings, syncs, appears in iTunes, but the screen stays blank, no matter what I do.

Any suggestions? It's mighty annoying.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
Have you tried turning it off?

ie, when the screen is functioning (or even if its not), hold the sleep/wake button for a few seconds (let's say four seconds), then swipe across the TOP (not the bottom) of the screen. This should actually "power down" the iPhone completely. Then of course you press the sleep/wake button to power it back up.

I owned mine for more than two weeks before discovering this! It was starting to get very crashy and unstable and finally I read somewhere that putting it to sleep did not equal shutting it off. DOH! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did reset the phone (holding sleep + home), but not simply "turn it off" as you suggest. Since the screen is not working, I can't swipe (or anything else .touch").

1 - 3 of 3 Posts