Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this belongs in everything else....but if you're playing them on a Mac then I think it's totally relevant

Since this is gaming season...and since I've bought my husband an XBOX for Christmas (I'm sick that it's a microsoft product...but having said that, I have the new Gameboy Advance
) why don't we start a thread on the best games out there (for any platform). State:

1. Name and version of game
2. What machine you play it on (with specs if it's a mac
3. How well it runs on that machine
4. Why you like them
5. Other pros and cons (etc...live gaming, multiplayer etc)
6. Finally, give it a 1-5 star rating.

I'll start with my girly suggestion...I like all those stupid adventure games like donkey kong and mario brothers...what can I say...I'm still a girl! But I don't know any good new ones...just the older classics.

So here it goes:
1. Donkey Kong
2. Game Boy Advance
3.Runs fine...but screen is a little small obviously for all the action
4. I like that style of game where you have to pick up things and get through levels
5. No major pros or cons...pretty mindless game
6. I'll give it a 4 star...it needs a little more going on to be 5 star. (super mario brothers is a 5)

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
1. Golden Sun & Golden Sun: The Lost Age
2. Game Boy Advance
3. The best RPG I've ever played
4. Perfect for losing hours of your life to save your virtual world, make friends and drown out the rest of the world.
5. Movies can be a little long, but that is the only caveat I've found, that and my copy being stolen.
6. 6 err 5 stars out of 5.

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
1. Warcraft II
2. G4 400mhz Sawtooth
3. Runs excellent in Classic (the game was from 1996, but I just discovered it a couple weeks ago)
4. Engrossing gameplay. Hours go by but they seem like minutes.
5. ***** Much better than the new Warcraft III,as the units are easy to select and manipulate. The new 3D game is too chaotic, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
1. Gunbound (www.gunbound.net)
2. Pee Cee only :(
3. Runs great on my old 1ghz athlon
4. Addictive
5. Free, fun graphics, multiplayer, buy avatars, buddy list
6. **** (-1 for laggers)

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
1. Zelda (Majoras Mask)
2. Nintendo 64 (An oldie but a goldie)
3. Runs fast (You need an upgrade to play this game)
4. I love playing Zelda, This is the 3rd version I've played.
5. It's sometimes frustrating if you forget an item and have
to double back and find it before you can move forward.
6. Definitely a 5 star rating.

Comments:
I like the old style cartridge games better than the newer
DVD type disk games.

Cheat Planet (Zelda)

Dave :cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
1. prince of persia! any version, but now there's an xbox one and it totally rules
2. prince of persia 1 and 2 run on old school macs (classic doesnt like them) and are also available for snes i think as well as pc. the new one (prince of persia: sands of time) is out for pc and xbox and ps2 i think. maybe gamecube.
3. fantastic
4. i love the fact that the originals were WAY up there with the best platformers ever, and had a great swordfight system as well as imaginative plot and environments. the new one's just plain awesome, the graphics are beautiful, the moves made me wet myself and the fighting and concepts in general are really original.
5. i think there might be multiplayer
6. 5/5 for all of them.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
1. Deus Ex

2. G4 400 AGP {256 meg ram prefferable}

3. Smooth as Silk

4. Best combination of 1st person shooter - Real Time Strategy - Non-Linear Story {To a point} - Photorealistic Graphics {Almost}.

5. Only Con is that eventually, You do finish the game...
It was too short... {Sarcasm} It kept me from any meaningful sleep for 2 or 3 months...

6. 1-5 stars.... I'd give Deus Ex a 10 -Best Game ever...
Nothing has compared to it yet....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts