Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NCIX.com - Buy Corsair PC2-5300 1GB 1X1GB DDR2-667 200PIN SODIMM Memory - VS1GSDS667D2 In Canada.

Corsair PC2-5300 1GB 1X1GB DDR2-667 200PIN SODIMM Memory

Our Price: $24.99 CAD
Savings Code 18811-1030. SAVE $30.27 off our regular price of $55.26 if you buy today! Special price ends 11/26/2007.
After Mail In Rebate: $14.99 CAD
Save $10.00 with manufacturer's mail-in rebate!
Valid from Nov 20, 2007 to Nov 30, 2007

Canada Computers - Memory > Notebook Memory : Crucial Rendition 1GB DDR2 667/PC5300 200-pin SO-DIMM.

Crucial Rendition 1GB DDR2 667/PC5300 200-pin SO-DIMM

Everyday Low Price: $29.99
Promotional Cash Price: $28.99
Product Specifications
Memory Size 1GB
Memory Speed DDR2 667Mhz
PINS 200-pin
DIMM Type SO-DIMM
Error Checking NON-ECC

and

NCIX.com - Buy Corsair Value Select Apple PC2-5300 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-667 200PIN SODIMM Dual Channel Mac Memory Kit - VSA2GSDSKIT667D2 In Canada.
Corsair Value Select Apple PC2-5300 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-667 200PIN SODIMM Dual Channel Mac Memory Kit
Reg. Price: $99.99 CAD
Instant Rebate: - $40.00 CAD
Limited time offer, while quantities last.
Our Price: $59.99 CAD

Comp - SODIMM (laptop) RAM deals thread / Forums
The original reference, which is updated on redflagdeals from time to time.
Thanks to RFD member "jackboot."
[/SIZE]

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Curious if they would work with Macbook Pro's. I know that Kingston' cheaper branding (KVR series) although sames specs, for some reason is known to cause kernal panics in Macbook Pro's and so do some other "value" brands. While their Apple certified ram is fine. I bought the certified for my MBP. Paid below $200 for 1gb + 2gb matched kit total.

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WEAK DUDE!!

I paid exactly that for my 2x512mb last october....ordered through redflagdeals.

Now im mad.:mad:
Did you curse the dealership when you drove your new car off the lot?

Did you curse the corner store when you left and took a bite of your candybar?

Everybody paid that much last October. There is just no reason to continue to, now.

·
Registered
954 Posts
DirectCanada may be cheaper. My Powerbook Ram was much cheaper than NCIX, but NCIX price matches anyway and I think they are the same company. Damn, it feels like RFD in here.

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Now im mad.:mad:
Haahahaha! I paid over $3000 for my first computer. It came equipped with a mind-boggling 250 meg hard drive, 4 screaming megs of RAM, a monitor that showed colours up to an eye-popping 640x480. Oh and it dazzled all with Windows 3.1. Years later it wasn't even worthy as a give-away.

I guess I should be mad, too.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Haahahaha! I paid over $3000 for my first computer. It came equipped with a mind-boggling 250 meg hard drive, 4 screaming megs of RAM, a monitor that showed colours up to an eye-popping 640x480. Oh and it dazzled all with Windows 3.1. Years later it wasn't even worthy as a give-away.

I guess I should be mad, too.
That's nothing. My first computer was a Toshiba laptop with a 20 MB HD and had one (or maybe two MB of RAM). Pre Windows 3.1. Just a blue screen with white pixels. Recycled it last year.

·
Registered
391 Posts
That's nothing. My first computer was a Toshiba laptop with a 20 MB HD and had one (or maybe two MB of RAM). Pre Windows 3.1. Just a blue screen with white pixels.
Ha! not even close! My first laptop was a patio stone and chisel! Now I use it to keep my feet off the dirt...

·
Bald by choice
9,055 Posts
All you youngsters missed out on the really good deals.
Like when I bought my first computer, a Radio Shack model 1, complete with 4K, yes that's K as in kilobytes, for just under $3000.
Notice there is no mention of a hard disk, they were'nt invented yet. Even 5.25" floppy drives were extra, at $700 for a whole 120K (there's that K again) of storage.
Most of us used cassette tape decks to store and load software programs and data.
My next system was a giant leap in technology, a Radio Shack model lll, with a whole 16K of ram and 2 double density floppies built in, mind you, it cost a tad more at $3600, but man was it a screamer.
The first hard drive I bought was a MicroScience 20meg, which cost $1100, and I installed it in my "state of the art" Ollivetti portable, which weighed 48lbs and was a large suitcase thing with a 9" crt screen.

jb.

·
Registered
933 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Problem with most of the memory stick MIRs I've found (including this one) is that theya re only good for one per order so if you order a matched pair of sticks (on the same PO) then you only get to claim one MIR ...
Some people can use a work address.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hi HowEver,

You posted a few deals here, including that one.

I'm in search for nice price on memory for my iMac 24" white (refurb, coming soon). I'm wandering if the deals you posted here should work fine in it?

I had crucial memory in my actual PowerBook for 3 years, no problem. Not familiar with the Corsair memory, that is even much cheaper, but on the site DirectCanada, there is special memory noted Mac, while some are just "plain memory" I guest.

Any thought on that?

·
Registered
611 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
According to Memory upgrades, flash media, and usb storage at Crucial.com, the iMac does not support dual channel memory.

I do not know exactly what does that term mean, but from my understanding, this modules should be avoided!
As far as I know, dual-channel RAM can be used in the Mac (could be wrong), but the Internet is full of false information. I quick Google search of dual-channel RAM on the Mac revealed users posting that paired RAM on the iMacs boosted performance (as an example). I guess since the introduction of GMA-graphics Mac mini and MacBook, people think every Mac requires and benefits from the use of paired RAM. ;) And even then, the Mac mini and MB don't require matched RAM.

1 - 20 of 237 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.